Full-Time | NY + FL Offices | Hybrid
Accepting applications as of January 1, 2024
Therapy In The City is seeking Masters Level Interns in the New York City and Florida areas. Utilizing evidence based practices including CBT and DBT, trainees will provide individual, couples/family, group, and intensive outpatient services to the clients we serve. Our training program provides a strong framework for clinical learning within a professional and supportive environment.
Description of Internship:
- 1 hour of weekly Individual Supervision
- 1 hour of weekly Didactics Training in EBP/CBT & DBT
- 1 hour of weekly DBT Consultation Team Meeting
- Clinical Caseload of 8-12 clients/Week
- Opportunities to Co-Lead Weekly DBT Groups
- $500 Professional Development Fund Stipend
• Provide direct/tele-health clinical treatment/therapeutic counseling as appropriate to children, adolescents, parents/guardians, couples and families as assigned
• Assess client needs, develop treatment plans, implement interventions, review outcomes, revisit/revise strategies, and employ other methods compatible with Therapy In The City's principles and practices
• Participate in creating and maintaining a workplace that values diversity and treats everyone with respect
• Demonstrates teamwork and open communication
• Maintains documentation in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner
• Performs other appropriate tasks related to your professional role as needed
• Second year of Masters in Social Work (MSW), Mental Health Counseling (MHC), and Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT)
• Sunday/Monday to Friday (including evenings or weekends); 20 hours/week
• NY and FL offices
• 3 days/week in person
Therapy In The City fosters a warm, unified, strength-based environment that emphasizes clinical competence, high professional caliber, and ever-present team support.
Our clinicians across offices partake in weekly DBT Consultation Team Meetings, weekly Didactic Seminars in evidence-based learning, and individual supervision. We take a highly professional stance in each aspect of our roles, and pride ourselves on caring deeply about our continued clinical and professional growth.
Proving quality therapy that is goal-oriented, evidence based, culturally relevant, and individually inspired.
Leading with Heart
We emphasize warmth, integrity, respect, and growth, within the lives of our patients and our team members alike.
We value staying on the cutting edge of evidence-based practice, and imbue our weeks and our years with professional development, continued clinical learning, and growth.
We have a company culture of alliance and collective achievement, and we both know and feel that there is always someone to lean on.
We show up each day with a sense of pride and gratitude for the privilege of our roles in the world and in our clients lives.